Monday, July 14, 2014

Change of focus - new media

I'm still globalised me. In fact, more than ever, but for the next three months I'm going to use this blogspace to comment and reflect on topics covered in my current Deakin university subject, ALC201 New Media: Users, Settings, Implications.
Twitter

Shorter, more timely and frequent reflections will be posted on my Twitter account with the hash tag #ALC201, which all participating students and tutors will see.

All my online presences are collated in my about.me page. One of the aims of my participation in this unit, which only crystallised in my mind yesterday at the first seminar, is to bring together all my online 'personas' to present a united, yet complex, version of me.

About.me

I've been on Facebook for 5 years, and have gradually added other forms of social media for different purposes.

Facebook really was primarily for staying in contact (and reconnecting with) family and friends in far away places.  It is my most private profile. I joined Twitter early 2012, but did not easily get to grips with it. Part of this current unit of study will push me to use Twitter more, and understand it better.



Wordpress

Tumblr
In the last 12-18 months I have opened Wordpress, Blogger and Tumblr pages to showcase various other uni-based participation, with variously an art, design, academic or writing focus.
So, for ALC201 writings, only look at anything from this date forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment